A period of Christmas and New Year is usually a season when companies have their winter holidays. Business people prepare out of office messages, clean their working space and are ready to enjoy great time with friends and relatives. But to have a good relax on weekend, there is a need of some things to be accomplished before.
1) Vacations and days-off. If it is possible, try to plan the time for an annual leave (especially if you need an extra time out of office in the following year).
2) Check if you do not have any appointments, meetings, scheduled calls on Christmas time.
3) Let your clients know about the period when office will be closed. It’s also better to write them contact information in case of urgent matters.
4) It’s a good idea to create a to-do-list which will help you after a vacation to remind all the tasks.
5) When you are away, an office may be opened, and your colleagues may need some notes, passwords, files and documents to cope with all tasks without you. Make sure you gave them all the information that can be needed.
6) Try to leave your working place clean, so you will return to pleasant atmosphere after holidays. Also, check the security of all important documents and files.
7) You should also prepare out of office messages to notice the period you’ll be away and mention the date when you’ll be back.
8 ) Just relax and enjoy the holiday! You don’t have to feel any inconvenience. It’s okay to leave your business matters for some time and forget about work. Such vacations can make you feel refreshed, more inspired and ready for new challenges and ideas.
So, when everything is prepared and you are ready to celebrate, just say goodbye to your office and colleagues and start to decorate a Christmas tree and have a great time with friends and relatives.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!