If you’re striving to:
- promote brand and business awareness
- inform customers about your goods and services
- attract new customers
- find out what customers think of your business
- build stable and durable relationships with existing clients
Once you have indicated these goals, you should outline the content strategy if you decide to get involved in the social media marketing.
Our business experience shows that it is crucial to have a documented strategy. Therefore, a business that outlines a documented content strategy:
- can avoid easily any possible pitfalls of content marketing
- is more successful in implementing content marketing tactics through social media platforms
- is more likely to connect the posted content with the target audience and increase engagement, retweets, likes, shares, followers, etc.
What does content strategy consist of?
A content strategy is a general vision that clarifies the reasons why you are creating content. You are to decide for whom and how you are going to promote and produce the content.
Firstly, you should look at implementing your content strategy through the collaboration of copywriter, designer and/or developer. The content strategy cannot be implemented solely by the copywriter. If you are a copywriter, you will be responsible for research and generation of keywords. And if you are a designer, you are going to concentrate on how to make the graphics fit around the text. As a developer, you are to have a clear understanding of the various computer languages that are used in application development.
These people initiate the process of elaborating and performing the content strategy. So, the task of the effective manager is to make sure that everyone is working on the same goals from the very beginning until the very end.
The effective content strategy includes the following fundamental steps:
- Discuss the reasons for creating the content long-term strategy; indicate the problems to be solved; determine what will be a successful result of this strategy
- Once you have outlined the vision, it is time to set 3-4 measurable, meaningful, time-bound, and content-focused goals for your content strategy
- Analyze the audience, figure out characteristic features of the audience, like demographic information, what channels they use to communicate, who their influencers are, what are their pain points, etc.
- Create the brand story; describe the uniqueness of the proposed products or services; align your style with the brand’s peculiarities
- Choose social media channels to tell the brand story
- Measure the success of each post: traffic, social shares, etc.
Based on our experience, if you want your strategy assistant in social media promotion to be on the same wavelength with you, you need to dedicate a little time to convey your goals and objectives, business vision, tastes.
But very often people have various visions of the same things. That`s why the effective manager can always build the right development strategy and explain it to you and your audience.
This is also the reason why hiring a team of specialists who are responsible for your promotional services could provide mutual understanding and visualization of your business strategy.